Music Final

In this video, I will show the four aspects of music theory that I have learned which include inversions, octaves, diminished chords and augmented chords.

• Inversions work for any note example C can be played 3 different ways all making the same sound of C. Inversions must still include the same letter notes.
  • Octaves are the next highest or lowest pitch of the same note. For example, an octave up from C1 on a piano is C2. An octave down would be C0. There are 12 semitones in the octave.
  • Diminished chords sound tense, dissonant, and dramatic. They have a root note, minor third, and a diminished fifth (six semitones above the root). For example, a C diminished triad has the notes: C-E♭-G♭.
  • Augmented chords sound dissonant, unsettling, and mysterious. They have a root note, major third, and an augmented fifth (eight semitones above the root). For example, a C augmented triad has the notes: C–E–G#.

The song I have chosen is “a beautiful day in the neighborhood” the Mr. Rodgers theme song. I will play the main chorus with two hands and then play the end of the song with my right hand by ear. I will also be using the pedal which will hot be shown in the video.

Song

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4